Board Meeting Information
PURSUANT TO EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBERS 20-52, 20-68 AND 20-69 SIGNED BY GOVERNOR DESANTIS AND GUIDANCE PROVIDED BY LEGAL COUNSEL, THE HOUSING AUTHORITY MAY CONDUCT ALL OR PORTIONS OF THIS MEETING BY USE OF TELEPHONIC OR ELECTRONIC MEANS WITHOUT A PHYSICAL QUORUM PRESENT IN THE BOARDROOM. PLEASE NOTE: THE HOUSING AUTHORITY’S ADMINSTRATIVE OFFICES ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC DUE TO THE COVID-19 EMERGENCY. PROCEDURES FOR APPROPRIATE PARTICIPATION IN THIS MEETING BY THE PUBLIC ARE POSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. PUBLIC ACCESS TO THIS MEETING IS AVAILABLE AS FOLLOWS:
Please join NSB HOUSING AUTHORITY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS on GoToConnect from your computer using the Chrome browser.
You can also dial in using your phone.
US: +1 (224) 501-3316
Access Code: 805-227-325
Audio Pin # 1
ALL BOARD MEETINGS WILL BE THE 2ND MONDAY OF EACH MONTH AT 5:30 P.M.
For anyone who wishes to provide public comment, the housing authority has developed A method of providing public comment for a virtual meeting below.
REGISTRATION FORM TO PROVIDE STATEMENTS AT PUBLIC FORUM
OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS ("BOARD") OF
THE NEW SMYRNA BEACH HOUSING AUTHORITY ("PHA")
Speakers must register prior to the Public Forum with this form, available at the entrance of the meeting room. Forms must be filled out completely and turned in to the Board's designee prior to the commencement of the Public Forum for any meeting. Speakers must abide by the following procedures to speak.
The following procedures apply to Public Forum sessions:
- Public Forum shall be the last item on the meeting's Agenda of a regular Board meeting and all comments from the public which meet the following criteria shall be heard at that time only, unless otherwise provided by the Chairperson in his/her discretion, or by majority vote of the quorum present of the Board. Written comments are encouraged in lieu of or in addition to public comments.
- Anyone may address the Board on matters pertaining to the business of PHA subject to this procedure. A speaker shall limit his/her comments to the topic(s) listed at the bottom of this form only. Time used for questions from members of the Board shall not be assessed against any speaker's time limit.
- Comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker. When a single matter pertaining to the business of PHA attracts several speakers with differing views, the Chairperson in his/her discretion, or the Board by majority vote of the present quorum may adopt further equitable time limits, and limits on how many speakers may address the same point of view on the matter, in the interest of timeliness and orderly conduct of the meeting.
- Discussion of personal matters between Board members and/or PHA staff and the speaker or others will not be allowed. Additionally, discussion of personnel matters, whether currently pending or completed, shall not be allowed since PHA provides an internal grievance procedure for this purpose. Abusive and/or disrespectful language by a speaker shall not be acceptable under any conditions.
- Appropriate matters brought before the Board at Public Forum shall be addressed in writing in the next regular Board meeting package by the Executive Director unless otherwise requested or directed by the Chairperson, or by a majority vote of the present quorum of the Board.
- Any speaker who might wish to appeal any decision made by the Board with respect to any matter considered at any regular meeting is advised that he/she will need a record of the proceedings, and for such purpose he/she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings be made, which will include the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be asked. A copy of the tape or minutes of the Board meeting may be obtained, at the requester’s expense, by contacting the Executive Director’s office.
- Comments made by the public at any meeting may be considered by the Board, but nothing contained herein guarantees or implies that any action by the Board or PHA staff shall be taken as a result thereof.
- The Chairperson reserves the right to discontinue by any appropriate means the comments of a speaker who fails to comply with the procedures referenced herein. Signature hereon by any speaker represents the speaker's express and informed agreement to abide by the procedures referenced herein.